Q. How do I replacing Novell iPrint Printers with Microsoft (AD) Printers?
- On your computer, click the start menu, then the gear, then devices and finally printers and scanners.
- Look for any printers with “on ipp://” OR "prntsvr" in the name in their name and record them. Any printers with “ipp://” OR "prntsvr" in the name represent the Novell printers that need to be replaced.
- Click on Add a printer or scanner
- The Microsoft versions contain the same name with “STFU-Print-01”. Locate the name of the first printer you recorded from step 2, click on , then click the Add device button
- Wait a few minutes for windows to connect to and install the printer driver
- Find the printer you just added and click on it. A few options will appear, choose Manage
- On the left hand side of the window, click printing preferences. From here you will see one of two windows. Follow the instructions below the window you see.
Screen option #1
- Click the Valid Access tab.
- Enter your department code in the "user code" field.
- Click apply
Screen option #2
- Click the Detailed Settings tab.
- Choose job setup.
- Type your department code in the "user code" field.
- Click apply.
- Click on the printer from step 2 with “ipp://” OR "prntsvr" in the name
- Click Remove Device
- Repeat the steps until all printers with “ipp://” OR "prntsvr" have been replaced with printers on STFU-PRINT- 01.ad.francis.edu
Was this helpful? 0 0