Q. I was unable to fix my printing, what can I do? (June 2020)
Late on June 18, 2020, Microsoft finally created a cumulative update (KB4567523) that resolves printing
not working at all and crashing the app the user is printing from. Please follow these instructions to
manually install the update.
1. Go to the official Microsoft download page for the update. You may be prompted to allow the website if an ad blocker is being used.
2. Click the bottom link on the page.(2020-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based systems (KB4567523)
3. You will then get either a new window or new tab like the picture below. Click the link as
highlighted in the picture.
4. This will download the update and it will appear as a “button” in the lower left corner of your browser. After it as finished downloading, click it to begin the installation.
5. When prompted click Yes to allow the installation.
6. Once the installer starts, it may take as long as 20 minutes to install. Do not close the following screen while the update is installing.
7. Once the installation is complete, you must close all programs you have open and restart your computer.