Q. How do I schedule a Zoom meeting?
Scheduling a meeting will be slightly different depending where you schedule it from, however the meeting options will be the same.
Schedule from the web browser -
1. Visit the Saint Francis Landing page and click sign in.
2. Click Meetings, and click Schedule A New Meeting.
3. Select the meeting options.
- Topic: Enter a topic or name for your meeting.
- Description: Enter in an option meeting description.
- When: Select a date and time for your meeting. You can manually enter any time and press enter to select it. For example, you can enter 15 in the minutes field to schedule a time in a 15-minute increment.
- Duration: Choose the approximate duration of the meeting. This is only for scheduling purposes. The meeting will not end after this length of time.
- Time Zone: By default, Zoom will use the time zone set in your profile. Click the drop-down menu to select a different time zone.
4. Video and Audio
- Host Video: Choose if you would like the host video on or off when joining the meeting. Even if you choose off, the host will have the option to start their video.
- Participant Video: Choose if you would like the participants' videos on or off when joining the meeting. Even if you choose off, the participants will have the option to start their video.
- Audio Options: Choose whether to allow users to join using Telephone only, Computer Audio only, Telephone and Computer Audio (both).
5. Meeting Options
- Require meeting password (recommended): You can select and input your meeting password here. Joining participants will be required to input this before joining your scheduled meeting.
- Enable join before host: Allow participants to join the meeting without you or before you join.
- Mute participants on entry: If join before host is not enabled, this will mute participants as they join the meeting. Participants can unmute themselves after joining the meeting.
- Note: To mute all participants currently in a meeting, see the options to manage participants.
- Use Personal Meeting ID: Check this if you want to use your Personal Meeting ID. If not selected, a random unique meeting ID will be generated.
- Enable waiting room (recommended): Allows the host to control when participants join the meeting by placing them in a waiting room.
- Only signed-in users can join this meeting: Restrict access to the meeting so that only signed-in using can join
- Record the meeting automatically: Check this if you want the meeting to be automatically recorded. Select if you want it to be recorded locally (to your computer) or to the cloud (zoom.us/recording).
6. Alternative Hosts: Enter the email address of another Zoom user who is Licensed, on your account to allow them to start the meeting in your absence.
7. Click Save to finish.
8. Invite guests - Once finished, you can either select a calendar option to add the scheduled meeting to your calendar or select Copy The Invitation to send out the invitation to your Zoom meeting.
Copy the Invitation will open up a window where you can copy the full invitation to send out via email.
For a video on this topic visit the following https://youtu.be/XhZW3iyXV9U
For more information on Zoom check out the following FAQs: