Q. How do I add VPN remote access to my computer?
To access network drives, software, etc from off campus, you will need to install Forticlient VPN,The process will take a few minutes but if you follow these instructions it should be fairly simple.
1. Go to https://www.forticlient.com/downloads and scroll down
to the Forticlient VPN, Download for Windows.
2. Double click on the download (which should be in the bottom left corner of your screen.)
3. You will get a message asking if you want to allow the software to make changes, click 'yes'.
4. The software will now start downloading, once it iscomplete, check the box to accept and click 'next'.
5. Click 'next' a second time, once the setup is complete click 'install', and finally click 'finish'
6. You should now see this screen. Check the 'I acknowledge' box and click 'I accept'.
7. You will now see a green shield with a checkmark on it in your task bar (lower right of your screen)
Double click on that icon.
8. On the next screen click 'configure VPN'. Once you click this you will get to a set up screen where you will enter the information to connect to SFU.
9. Enter 'SFU' in the Connection Name box, and 'gate.francis.edu' into the Remote Gateway box. See the picture below for more clarification. Everything else will remain as is. When you are done click 'save'.
10. Finally enter your regular user name and password into the login screen. After you log in your icon will have a lock on it. To disconnect, double click on it, and then click 'disconnect'.