Q. How do I add a printer?
Adding a new printer to your computer takes a few steps, but if you follow these instructions you should successfully install a new printer. Note, Google Chrome works best with iprint.
2. Log in in the top right hand corner of that page. Use the same log in that you use for MyFrancis.
3. Locate the printer you want in the list and click on it, then click the install button. A pop up will appear that will ask you to open the iprint installation utility. Click the open button. It will take about a minute to finish working, then click ok.
NOTE: if you are installing a copier/scanner/printer (the larger machines) you will need to also add your department code to be able to print. Continue with these instructions to add the code.
4. On your computer, click the start menu, then the gear, then devices and finally printers and scanners.
5. Find the printer you just added and click on it. A few options will appear, choose Manage
6. On the left hand side of the window, click printing preferences. From here you will see one of two windows. Follow the instructions below the window you see.
Click the Detailed Settings tab. Click the Valid Access tab.
Choose job setup. Enter your department code in the "user code" field.
Type your department code in the "user code" field. Click apply.
For security purposes, employees should be using lock print when printing to a printer used by multiple people. See our instructions on setting up your printing for lock print.